Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, savoury mince. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Savoury mince is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Savoury mince is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Savoury Mince is a classic Australian family dinner favourite. It's one of those dishes that can be made very easily out of budget-friendly pantry staples, which probably explains why so many of us grew up eating it. Savoury mince recipes are quite easy and adaptable. It doesn't take a genius to come up with a savoury mince recipe since most can be made by simply tweaking the ingredients.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook savoury mince using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Savoury mince:
- Prepare 50 ml olive oil
- Prepare 2 onions, chopped
- Take 1 green bell pepper
- Make ready 1 can tomatoes, peeled and chopped ( 400 grams)
- Prepare 1 carrot, grated
- Make ready 5 spriggs of thyme, chopped
- Prepare 3 tsp ground black pepper
- Make ready 60 ml worcestershire sauce
- Get 5 ml garlic paste
- Make ready 500 grams beef mince
- Make ready 120 ml full cream milk
- Make ready 8 tsp spice for mince
- Take 1 salt to taste
Savoury Mince can be used as a main dish or for a filling for pastries Savoury mince makes me a little nostalgic - when I was younger I visited my Nan every Tuesday for dinner, and more often than not she served us savoury mince with mashed potato and vegetables. Make sure the gravy powder is combined with the mince so it does not go lumped when the water is added. Nothing beats homemade savoury mince on toast. Using your slow cooker to make savoury mince saves you a lot of time and effort at the end of the day.
Steps to make Savoury mince:
- In a large frying pan on high heat, fry onions in olive oil for about 5 minutes or until translucent
- Add the tomatoes, green pepper and carrot. Reduce the heat to a medium to high heat and simmer for 10 minutes covered (stirring every 2-3 minutes)
- Add the thyme, pepper, garlic and worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes covered (stirring every 2-3 minutes)
- Add the beef mince and simmer for 5 minutes covered (stirring every 2-3 minutes)
- Add the milk and salt, simmer for 5 minutes covered (stirring every 2-3 minutes)
- Reduce the heat to medium to low. Add the spices for mince (I use robertsons spice for mince)
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes
Nothing beats homemade savoury mince on toast. Using your slow cooker to make savoury mince saves you a lot of time and effort at the end of the day. Serve over creamy mashed potato and you have the ultimate comfort food for a cold, dark winter's evening. Savoury Mince is a tasty comfort food that's also family favourite that nourishes and saves you money. It's a little pricier than beef mince, which is why I only use a little bit of each meal and stretch it with lots of.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food savoury mince recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!